Class of 2019 Outcomes: Nico Nigro Studies Health Administration at Cornell

Class of 2019 Outcomes

With commencement just around the corner, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Nico Nigro

Hometown: Allison Park, Pennsylvania

Major: Exercise science with a minor in business administration

Post-graduation plans: Nigro will be attending Cornell University for the Sloan Program in Healthcare Administration in Ithaca, New York, following graduation.  

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University and the support of my advisor helped direct me to find my real passion for helping others in need. I was able to use the Office of Career & Professional Development to adjust and build my resume, which gave me the edge I needed to stand out when applying to graduate schools. I recommend every student to their offices as much as possible. They are there to help you succeed.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Although I had many impactful mentors at HPU, my freshman success coach, Britt Carl, was one of my biggest supporters. She was extremely helpful in making me feel right at home from the start. Britt helped direct my passion and figure out what goals I wanted to accomplish in my time at High Point University. Even after finishing my freshman year and being assigned an academic advisor, she was still always willing to help get me in contact with people in the health care field.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I don’t have one defining moment from my time at HPU, but the support that I received from my friends, family and the staff at HPU is what I owe all my success too. Without them, I wouldn’t be where I am now.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Push yourself, and never doubt what you can accomplish. We are only bound by the restrictions we put on ourselves.”