Class of 2019 Outcomes: Will Felts Lands Position at Spot Freight

Will Felts

With commencement just around the corner, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Will Felts

Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Major: Journalism with a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: Felts will be working as an account manager for Spot Freight in Charlotte, North Carolina, following graduation. He will independently generate new sales revenue, manage customer interactions, generate sales leads and track all customer freights to ensure timely deliveries.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU, my teachers within the School of Communication and my academic adviser put me on the right path to success and helped me figure out specific tasks to accomplish each semester and that is just the foundation of what HPU provided for me. HPU inspired me to dream big, be myself, uncover my greatest interests, discover my passions and encouraged me to reach for my goals. I used the Office of Career & Professional Development frequently, and I always reached out to them to see if there were any networking events or career events specific to the Charlotte area that I could take advantage of.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Bobby Hayes has been my most impactful mentor. Through the love of sports we both shared, I was able to enjoy the classes he taught instead of worrying about only grades and doing well in the class.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was the opportunity to share my success in an interview with my mentors and holding a Q&A session with President Qubein that was later published in the High Point Enterprise last year. Graduating as an already published journalist helped set me apart in the job market.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Have a mindset at HPU that you want to create success instead of needing to achieve that success. Once the pressure is off, you’ll learn what your real interests are, and you’ll naturally motivate yourself to succeed.”