Class of 2019 Outcomes: Bruna Zucchi Moves to Monaco to Pursue Masters

With commencement just around the corner, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Bruna Zucchi

Hometown: Vitoria, Brazil

Major: Business administration with minors in marketing and Italian studies

Post-graduation plans: Zucchi will be attending the International University of Monaco on the French Riviera in Western Europe to pursue a Master’s in Management

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me through every stage of my undergraduate life, from my first moments here until now, my last. The faculty has constantly been pushing me to be better and they did it, I will be graduating with honors and pursuing a masters degree. The university has always been pushing me as well, the study spaces, the entrepreneur in residence program, the interesting classes and the great feeling of empowerment that it is given to us since day one, all add up and show us a path that we have never believed we could pursue. And for that, I am forever thankful. The Office of Career and Professional Development team helped me a lot with my resumes and applying for graduate school in December. They also gave me a lot of great advice and I don’t think I would have been able to finish all my applications if it wasn’t for them.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Professor Tessa Gurney. She was my teacher for many Italian classes, my mentor, my friend, my psychologist at times, especially when I was applying to grad school. She has helped me so much and I wish I could ever repay her for all the help and kindness she has given me.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was actually this year when Steve Wozniak, HPU’s Innovator in Residence, returned to campus to mentor HPU students. I had already attended two interviews with him prior to this visit, but as we grow, we pay more attention to what others say and we listen and we interpret in a more mature way. Wozniak constantly said that we should always be aware of what we are passionate about and not forget to go back to our goals and dreams, which is what I try to do every day.”

Advice for underclassmen: “If you do what you love, you will be successful. If you give yourself to your passion, your goals, you will be working in something you love, and in the end, it will not be considered work anymore, it will be considered following your passion, constantly and every day. Never let your dreams and goals go, keep them in mind and go back to them, as they can put you back on track if you feel lost.”