Class of 2019 Outcomes: Caroline DiLeonardi Gives Back With The Golden Apple Foundation

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are kicking off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Caroline DiLeonardi

Hometown: Glencoe, Illinois

Major: Nonprofit leadership and management with a minor in Spanish

Post-graduation plans: DiLeonardi joins the Golden Apple Foundation as a development and operations coordinator in Chicago, Illinois. Golden Apple’s mission is to inspire, develop and support teacher and school leader excellence in Illinois, especially for schools in need. She will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of fundraising efforts and the daily administrative and programmatic goals of the foundation. 

How HPU helped you get there: “There is no other university like HPU. Although most often recognized for its beauty, safety and continuous evolution, HPU also does a fantastic job of encouraging and inspiring students to network and take advantage of all the resources surrounding them daily. My junior year, I took a class that focused exclusively on helping students create LinkedIn profiles, perfect resumes and building professional websites. I learned about the power of networking, building relationships and creating a name for myself. Through this class and many others, HPU gave me an identity. It gave me confidence in who I am as an individual. Not many other universities would dedicate a whole class to helping students be as successful during their internship or job search. The Office of Career and Professional Development staff not only helped me prepare for job interviews, they also helped me to feel confident going into them. They strengthened my resume and LinkedIn page, and I feel so thankful that HPU offers this level of help!”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors at HPU were my freshman success coach, Britt Carl, and my academic advisor, Dr. Christine Cugliari. Both encouraged me to chase after my dreams and pursue a career I was passionate about. I came to college undecided and I would never have made the decision to major in Nonprofit Leadership & Management without the guidance and insight they provided. They are both thoroughly committed to helping students be successful not only during their time at HPU but after graduation as well. I could not be more grateful for their constant support.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was declaring Nonprofit Leadership and Management as my major. When I made that decision, I became the third generation of my family to commit to working in the nonprofit world. Ever since I was little, I knew that no matter the field, I wanted my career to involve helping others. I aimed to pursue a profession that ultimately makes a positive and lasting impact on the world around me. I cannot thank my professors enough for helping me grow into the person I am today.”

Advice for underclassmen: “The biggest advice I would give to underclassmen is to take full advantage of all HPU has to offer. I know it is easy to get wrapped up in our own lives, but take the time to step back and realize how lucky you are to attend HPU and have access to its rich array of resources. Take advantage of every opportunity, whether that be speakers, clubs, global experience opportunities, networking events, internships, etc. I am leaving HPU with two internships under my belt, and my internship experiences have solidified my decision that I am in the right field.”