Class of 2019 Outcomes: Jenna Carson Recruits for TEKsystems

Jenna Carson

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are kicking off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Jenna Carson

Hometown: Ridgewood, New Jersey

Major: Business administration with double minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Carson accepted a position as a technical staffing recruiter for TEKsystems in Parsippany, New Jersey. She will be recruiting top IT talent, matching their career goals with the company’s hiring needs, maintaining and building strong relationships with consultants to gain industry knowledge and obtaining referrals. Carson will also be negotiating unique compensation packages to attract and hire candidates for all clients needs.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped shape me into the more confident person I am today. I have grown because of the ample opportunities and resources that HPU has provided me. One of which was the chance to study abroad in Florence, Italy, which was an experience that broadened my horizons in many ways. Traveling around Europe and learning about other cultures while living someplace new on my own was challenging and exciting. I have become a successful student, which in turn put me on the path toward my new career, because of my professors and the many resources at HPU. High Point University has helped me build connections that will last a life time through working market, internships and being a part of the Professional Selling Club. The opportunities at HPU are endless!”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Professor Larry Quinn. He has helped me gain confidence and be a strong candidate in the interview process throughout my job application process. When I met him my sophomore year I knew he was going to be a mentor to me throughout my years at HPU. Taking his sales classes were my most beneficial and influential courses. They helped teach me personal and professional skills that I needed to be happy and successful.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was becoming a sister of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Theta Alpha Chapter. The friendships and memories I made will last a lifetime and have made me grow into the person I am today.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My best advice for underclassmen is to take advantage of every minute because it goes so quickly. Take advantage of all of the resources and opportunities that HPU has to offer while you can! Join as many clubs and organizations as possible. Take sales classes and join the selling program with Larry Quinn. Start early with your internship and job search then build strong connections and meet a lot of people!”