Class of 2019 Outcomes: Lauren Payton Works for Yelp in New York

Lauren Payton

With commencement just around the corner, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Lauren Payton 

Hometown: Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

Major: Business administration with minors in marketing and sales

Post-graduation plans: Payton will be working as an executive sales associate for Yelp in New York, New York. She will be managing a territory of clients in order to educate, strategize, and successfully sell Yelp advertising programs. She will adapt product recommendations to suit and fit all clients’ needs.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University showed me the importance of networking and putting yourself out there. Through my sales classes and the Professional Selling Club, I was able to sell myself to companies and feel confident while doing so.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors at High Point University have been the friends and connections I have made. They constantly help motivate me and push me to be the best person and student I can be.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was finding a major and minors that best suited me. I was undeclared freshman year and through the help of the Office of Career and Professional Development I was able to find what I was passionate about.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Applying for jobs can be very stressful and feel like a never-ending process. While there are ups and down, don’t give up and don’t settle. It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of determination, but if you push yourself you can and will get to where you want to be.”