Class of 2019 Outcomes: Becca Palmer Coordinates Athletics for Beaches Chapel School

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are kicking off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Becca Palmer

Hometown: Saint Johns, Florida

Major: Strategic communication with a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: Palmer joins Beaches Chapel School as a development and athletic coordinator in Neptune Beach, Florida. Palmer will maintain a master calendar of activities, events and schedule transportation as needed, as well as handle social media marketing and promotion of various events, and coordinate e-mails, mailings, newsletters, reports and records. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me learn how to sell myself and feel confident entering the professional world. My classes allowed me to create materials that added to my portfolio and to impress potential employers. HPU helped me find my passions, develop new skills, and find myself. I will never regret choosing to spend my 4 years of college at High Point University. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development to access Purple Briefcase, HPU’s job listing website for networking with local companies, attend networking events, internship opportunities and personality assessments.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Ally Connally, the assistant trainer for athletics, was one of the biggest blessings that HPU gave me. She was my shoulder to cry on, my sounding board, my biggest fan and my hardest critic. She was there to help me in any way, at any time, and she helped shape me into the woman that I am today. I am forever grateful for everything she did for me.”

Most impactful moment at HPU:  “My most impactful moment was the day I met my fellow freshman teammates on the Women’s Soccer Team at HPU. Not only were they my teammates, but they became my best friends and my family. I had no idea that meeting those girls was going to have the biggest impact on my four years at HPU. They were there for me during every up and every down and made me want to be better every single day. They supported me during my failures and celebrated with me during my successes. I have found my forever friends at High Point University.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice to underclassmen is to get out of your comfort zone. Take a class you know nothing about, join a club where you don’t know anyone, don’t be afraid to ask for help and try new things. You have to be willing to work hard for what you want. Nothing is going to get handed to you. Don’t be afraid to sell yourself and show what you have to offer. You never know what someone will be willing to do for you. Stay true to yourself, and enjoy your time at High Point University. It will be over before you know it!”