Class of 2019 Outcomes: Ian Huffman Brokers for Marcus & Millichap

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are kicking off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Ian Huffman

Hometown: Asheville, North Carolina

Major: Business administration with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Huffman is working for Marcus & Millichap as a Commercial Broker in Charlotte, North Carolina. He is facilitating commercial real estate deals for one of the industries leading commercial brokerage firm. Under the McDaniel team, he is working with the multifamily division covering Asheville, Greensboro and Charlotte.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me by connecting me with countless individuals who provided resources I never would have received at other schools. My sales and negotiation classes gave me the real-life experience I needed to be successful in the role I have now. The Office of Career and Professional Development also helped me finalize my resume and taught me the do’s and don’ts of resume building.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Randy Moser and Larry Quinn were my most impactful mentors. They taught me life skills that I can use in every aspect of my career and more. Beyond that, they cared about my life and success, and I know they will always be there for me if I need their advice.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Walking across the stage at graduation hit me a lot harder than I thought it would. I realized that I am officially an adult and I’m really going to miss the past four years I’ve spent at High Point University. However, I knew I was prepared to take on the real world. All that I learned, and the friends l made will continue to be a part of my life for the far-reaching future.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Network and get lined up with people who are in a career field you are interested in. Most people enjoy helping out college students who want to learn from them.”