Class of 2019 Outcomes: Zachary Pifer Works for Raleigh Marketing Consultants

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are kicking off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Zachary Pifer

Hometown: Deland, Florida

Major: Business administration with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Pifer joined Raleigh Marketing Consultants as an account manager with outside sales in Raleigh, North Carolina. He will be part of a team working toward establishing long-term and profitable relationships with clients who are in the market for business supplies and office equipment through face-to-face interaction and customer acquisition and retention strategies. Through established partnerships with Staples and Quill.com, Pifer will be recommending solutions that will help customers grow and thrive in their businesses.

How HPU helped you get there: “At HPU, I was given the ability to shape and enhance myself into the person I am proud to be. My professors in the Phillips School of Business, academic and career advisors, as well as other professors,  have had such a positive influence on me. They have helped put me on the right path to success beginning my freshman year and guided me through what I needed to accomplish each year to lay the groundwork for ultimate success after graduation. High Point University has any and every resource that students may need to better themselves, and I am very thankful to have been a part of such an extraordinary family. I visited Office of Career & Professional Development several times during my first two years to come up with a working resume to make sure I stood out to potential employers. My career advisor, April Cosner, helped me present all of my achievements, work experiences and volunteer work into a concise, professional resume that helped me land a great job ahead of graduation.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “At HPU, I learned something impactful and influential from all of my professors that I will take everywhere with me. The two professors I would say that I resonated the most with were Professor Randy Moser and Professor Larry Quinn. I had Professor Moser for my Principles of Marketing class, and he really opened my eyes to sales and marketing and expanded how I look into either field. Afterward, I was introduced to Professor Quinn who reinforced the concept of sales to me and helped me realize that I had been selling ever since I could talk. Because of that guidance, I decided to dig deeper into a concentration of sales. The way that Professor Moser and Professor Quinn tag-teamed these talks led me to declare a sales minor at the start of my junior year. I joined the Professional Selling Club which solidified the ideas and concepts discussed during my sales classes. Both Moser and Quinn had such an enormous impact on me and shaped me into the successful businessman that I am today.”

Most impactful moment at HPU:  “Out of all the enjoyable and impactful moments that I had at HPU, the most impactful one would have to be winning the Chairman’s Circle Distinction in the Professional Selling Club. This award recognized my hard work and drive in the classroom, sales-related internships, the Professional Selling Club, and personal and professional development at High Point University. This award is something that I am very proud of and will always treasure throughout my career.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Never be afraid to step outside your comfort zone. You never know who you will meet that will have an influence on you and shape you into who you’re meant to become. Enjoy the fruits of life’s success.”