Internship Profile: Davis Sarrett Markets for the Center for Executive Leadership

Name: Davis Sarrett

Hometown: Birmingham, Alabama

Major: Human relations with a minor in strategic communication

Internship: As the digital marketing intern for the Center for Executive Leadership, Sarrett will strategize and execute different strategic marketing plans for book launches, speaking engagements, and ministries.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get here because I was able to understand the importance of social capital, whichthat every freshman learns about in Dr. Qubein’s President’s Seminar on Life Skills.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Bergen has been great to me. He is always taking time out of his busy schedule to meet with me and check in to see how I am doing. He and I have read through and studied many different leadership books, and he is my hero! He is a man of incredible character, who I hugely look up to and am doing my best to emulate in any way I can.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “It is getting me accustomed to an environment where I am managing and coordinating different ministries. I am surrounded by leaders who are leading with the Gospel in many different avenues.”