Internship Profile: Luke Verdeur Projects His Education at Progressive Business Media

Name: Luke Verdeur

Hometown: Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Major: Business administration with a minor in marketing

Internship: Verdeur is interning with Progressive Business Media as a social media intern in Greensboro, North Carolina. He will be working with the social media team to create content for major accounts that transfer business to business information about news, trends and outlooks of the furniture industry.

How HPU helped you get there: “The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me prepare my resume, which made it more professional and accurate when I was applying for internships.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Steve Alberts was my most impactful mentor because his class really taught me how to have confidence in what I do. The assignments he gave directly focused on what I needed to know to get this internship. We had to create resumes and get them approved by the Office of Career and Professional Development, and we also had to create a cover letter for companies we find interesting. We learned about the importance of professionalism in the workplace. All those assignments were really helpful because without them my resume and cover letter would not have been well written. He treated the class like the business world, which made me feel better prepared me for what is to come. He taught us how to stick out against the competition and how to really grab the attention of others. He’s one of the professors who has really made a difference in my life at HPU and taking business communications with him was one of the classes where I learned the life skills applicable to my career.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “It has been a great experience learning all the new programs to create content, and it’s helping me prepare by teaching me new skills and programs that many companies use.”