Internship Profile: Natalie Ringham Interns with RBC

Name: Natalie Ringham

Hometown: Edina, Minnesota

Major: Event management 

Internship: As the summer intern for RBC Wealth Management in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Ringham is creating a social media plan for the financial advisors; including content curation, developing posts and scheduling. She will be working with a supervisor and interns in various departments. At the end of the summer, she will pitch the firm her future ideas and present the outcomes of her social media efforts.

How HPU helped you get there: “Through my courses, I have learned a great deal of what I need to be successful, as well as the resources to get me there. I have been encouraged to gain as much experience as possible and I know that my knowledge will continue to grow. I love Faith Cochran in the Office of Career and Professional Development and she has helped get me to where I am now. I met with her several times to fix my resume, LinkedIn profile, basically anything and everything regarding the professional world.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Vern Biaett has been the most impactful mentor on this campus for me. He is open and honest, knowledgeable and has never ending experience; he cares, listens and he knows me very well. Most professors at schools with a large student body don’t know their students’ names, let alone major, future dreams, career goals, passions or involvement on campus. Vern knows all of that about every one of his students and I have been lucky enough to build a relationship with him.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “It is preparing me to work in a professional environment as well as push me out of my comfort zone by meeting new people. I am not always confident in my skills, but being an intern forces you to find confidence and just do it.”