Class of 2019 Outcomes: Elisabeth Crane Designs for Greenhouse Fabrics

With another successful commencement behind us, High Point University seniors have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Elisabeth Crane

Hometown: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Major: Design studies with minors in sociology and studio art

Post-graduation plans: Crane joins Greenhouse Fabrics & Anna Elisabeth in High Point, North Carolina, in a graphic design and sales position. She works with the graphic design and marketing team to assist with various tasks such as creating sample books, flyers, social media graphics, photography and more. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has provided me with amazing professors that went out of their way to support me beyond what I could have expected. The Dress for Success event with Brooks Brothers at 1924 Prime by the Office of Career and Professional Development was very helpful to me. Their office also assisted me in setting up my LinkedIn profile content, cover letters and career advice in general. My career advisor, Dr. Doug Hall, is fabulous and was a huge resource. During my recruitment process, I had a meal interview with a number of people, including the CEO and the VP of marketing. It wasn’t fancy, but because of my time spent at 1924 Prime, I felt very prepared.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I have several. To name only a few, Professor Carrie Dyer, Dr. Janis Dougherty, Dr. Terrell Hayes, Dr. Phillip Norwood and Dr. Mark Toole were great mentors to me. They all reached out individually and helped me grow both as a person and designer.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “HPU’s chapter of the American Institute for Graphic Arts brought in Aaron Draplin and Bob Gill, both famous graphic designers, to speak to students. I got to hear about their experiences as designers and meet with them individually and get their feedback on some of my work. Those events greatly impacted my learning experience at HPU.”

Advice for underclassmen: “If you work hard and put everything you have into something, it will pay off. It might take some time for everything to fall into place, but trust yourself and your abilities. Don’t always settle for the first opportunity that comes your way; there might be something even better out there!”

Are you an HPU graduate with an exciting job or graduate school offer? Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!