Class of 2019: Sydney Boratto Represents the IRS

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Sydney Boratto

Hometown: West Milford, New Jersey

Major: Criminal justice with a minor in computer science

Post-graduation plans: Boratto joins the IRS as an internal revenue officer in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. She works with taxpayers and their representatives to develop a plan of action to resolve and tax discrepancies. Boratto also analyzes financial information and evaluates assets to determine a taxpayers financial condition.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me with the environment to succeed. Every step of the way, the staff is cheering you on and preparing you for the world outside campus. This has shaped me into a young professional ready to take the next step in my career. I used the Office of Career & Professional Development to look over my resume. They helped me stand out and have an edge over other applicants.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor was Dr. Thomas Dearden. Throughout my four years at HPU, I was always able to confide in him and go to him with anything I needed. We talked about my future career path and how I was could to accomplish my goals. Dearden shaped me into a successful student and prepared me for my future.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was graduating. At that moment, every memory I made at HPU hit me all at once. It allowed me to be self-aware of everything I accomplished and also made me so incredibly proud of myself and my classmates.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way. Whether it’s an internship, a meeting with the Office of Career and Professional Development or even a chance to work at the High Point Furniture Market, make those connections and use them to educate yourself and lead you to a path of success.”