Class of 2019: Victoria Eardley Works for Wells Fargo

With another successful commencement behind us, High Point University seniors have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Victoria Eardley

Hometown: Waxhaw, North Carolina

Major: Business administration with minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Eardley joins Wells Fargo as a chief administrative office enterprise talent associate in Charlotte, North Carolina. She is a member of the Enterprise Data Environments and Transformation Department, developing her career by using resources to help people reach their personal, professional and financial future.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has molded me into a person I never thought I could become. They prepared me for the future by delivering challenging courses to help me reach my full potential, providing professors that care about each student, employing staff to make us feel at home, and enlisting inspiring motivational speakers. HPU offers students numerous clubs, Greek Organizations, and activities to partake in. I was part of Big Brother Big Sister of America for all four years, and the experience helped shape me into the person I am today. I can’t thank High Point University enough. The Office of Career and Professional Development also helped me develop my professional skills. Sophomore year, I visited them in need of help with my resume. They sat down with me to discover my experience in my previous jobs, and expand upon my opportunities for the future based on that information. They visited my business classes multiple times and helped students with exploring opportunities for internships and jobs. They always provided resources that were helpful.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Professor Randy Moser. I took multiple classes with Professor Moser and the lessons I learned in his classes weren’t pertinent to a single moment but lessons I will continue to take with me and grow on as I move on in my career and professional life. Professor Moser was also my academic advisor, so anytime I had a question or concern about internships, jobs or classes, he was always there. I owe a lot to Professor Moser for helping me grow as a person.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when I earned the Anne and Groome Fulton Scholarship from the Phillips School of Business. I was chosen out of all the students in the business school because of the hard work and dedication I put into academics and being recognized was extremely rewarding. I can’t thank HPU enough for this amazing advantage.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Be to be yourself! HPU really prides itself in helping you realize your full potential. When I was applying to internships and jobs, I felt so confident in my abilities because of the skills HPU equipped me with.”

Are you an HPU graduate with an exciting job or graduate school offer? Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!