Internship Profile: Alex Angle Learns Leadership Skills with Tanger Outlets

Name: Alex Angle

Hometown: Mercersburg, Pennsylvania

Major: Business administration with a marketing minor

Internship: This summer, Angle is working with the Tanger Outlets as an operations intern in Greensboro, North Carolina. He is running cost analysis to increase efficiency and cost-effectiveness, assisting in maintaining and enhancing the sustainability and environmental impact that Tanger Outlets has on the world by recording the energy and water usage of each center and determining environmentally conscious decisions and has the opportunity to work at the corporate office to learn from upper management and be involved in training programs that will teach him leadership skills.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me get to where I am now by providing amazing professors who truly care about my success. I have learned how to be a leader and to work hard to achieve my dreams. The Office of Career and Professional Development especially assisted me in enhancing my resume for my internship search.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Silverthorne is my most impactful mentor at HPU. He has always offered me advice and assistance in every one of my endeavors. He teaches me to be confident in who I am and always rewards my work ethic which encourages me to be the best that I can be.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship has introduced me to an amazing corporate culture and fostered in me a mindset that encourages education and community service. The first two weeks here at Tanger Outlets, I have already met with the CEO, Mr. Steven Tanger, brainstormed ideas, learned about his mindset and company culture, started several cost analysis projects that will benefit the organization for years and learned new programs that I have never had experience with. This internship is preparing me for the future by showing me effective leadership styles, successful corporate cultures, and by allowing me to train and conduct analyses that will give me life-changing experience and knowledge.”