Internship Profile: Laney Badulis Builds Business Skills

Name: Laney Badulis

Hometown: Raleigh, North Carolina

Major: Strategic communication with a minor in graphic design

Internship: Badulis is working for Red Hat as an account based marketing intern in Raleigh, North Carolina. She supports the buildout of contact databases to help target clients using a variety of social media tools. Badulis applies social media tools and strategies to determine customer social engagement areas and priorities and aligns them with vertical marketing programs. She also works with customer events and packages up predefined account-based marketing plays for go-to-market activities.

How HPU helped you get there: “Without HPU, I would not be where I am today. From my professors to the environment, HPU motivates me to be proactive and teaches me I can achieve my career goals. It is normal to be lost and confused, but everyone is willing to help you be the most successful and prepare for the real world. The Office of Career & Professional Development is a tremendous help in guiding me throughout my early professional career. Whether I have questions about something big or small, my career coach is always there and makes time for me whenever I need her. With all the thoughts pulling left and right in my mind, she helps me think things through clearly with an unbias objective. They’ve helped me create a path for success, and be prepared for all its twists and turns.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “HPU has given me so many mentors to look up to. My most impactful mentor at HPU is Emily Long. She is by far the best career coach. She is not only very sweet and kindhearted but helpful. With all the craziness and stress going on in my life, she helps me to stay focused and prepare for the future ahead. Emily is invaluable and I am thankful I am able to have her as my mentor.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience thus far has been incredible. I work on real client deliverables and create content for digital strategies to help with vertical program marketing. Working for Red Hat is helping me prepare for the future because I get experience in the corporate world. I get to learn hands-on while delivering meaningful work, I’m learning different marketing strategies and tactics in action and professional life skills.”