Class of 2019 Outcomes: Skyler Green Evolves his Career with Evolution Labs

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Skyler Green

Hometown: Woodbury, New York

Major: Business administration with minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Green is joining Evolution Labs as the school and district partnership coordinator where he works with superintendents and principals to promote mental health awareness by implementing social and emotional learning programs. He also participates with schools to develop behavioral intervention programs that focus on restorative justice to reduce recidivism. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the opportunity to explore amazing opportunities and pursue my passions. From the professors to my advisors, their wonderful advice and guidance allowed me to thrive at HPU. The elevator pitches, speed selling and real-world experience I gained prepared me to jump into the business world. The life skills taught in all of my courses were the beginning of my career and let me express my interests, with organizations like HPU Radio and the Film Creators Society. The Office of Career & Professional Development also helped guide me to develop my interview skills, perfect my resume and learn how to network through resume workshops to career fairs; thanks to them the opportunities were endless.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I did not have just one mentor at HPU. Ms. Pamela Francisco, from the Office of Student Success, has been one of the most influential mentors to me. She provided me with insight, guidance, warmth and a hug whenever I needed one. Mr. Martin Yount from the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication helped me pursue my passions in radio and film and were always available to offer helpful advice and constructive criticism. He has impacted the way I think, strategize and operate on a daily basis. Professors Randy Moser and Larry Quinn, from the Phillips School of Business, became my go-to marketing and sales experts. From career questions to personal advice, they helped me develop into a business professional.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was on a Media Fellow’s trip to Los Angeles with the High Point University Radio Station. I was able to network with media icons Mike Darnell, Judy Stakee and James Corden. The insights, resources and relationships I built there are some that I will never forget.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Network! Get involved, and take advantage of all of the opportunities awarded to you. Don’t be afraid to talk to someone you’ve never met because you never know what kind of an impact a simple conversation can have. Look for a career and not a job. A career will allow you to build upon yourself, whereas a job is only a means to an end.”