Freshman Profile: Beauty, Culture and Opportunities Abound

HPU’s newest cohort of students represents a wide variety of academic achievement, service, backgrounds, cultures and geographic locations. Dayle Harvey, one member of the Class of 2023, brings with her many academic accolades and accreditations. Below, discover how she plans to make the most out of her time at HPU: 

Name: Dayle Harvey

Hometown: Warsaw, Indiana

High school attended: Warsaw Community High School in Warsaw, Indiana

Accomplishments: Harvey was president of the octagon club, a club devoted to the youth in the community, co-founder and president of the largest high school young conservatives club in the state of Indiana, a member of the State Business Professionals of America Team, member of the National Honor Society and a three-year varsity soccer captain awarded all-state team player and academic all-state player. 

Major: Marketing

Why you chose HPU: “I went on a week-long college tour in the south, and every school I visited gave me quite a few personal reservations until I walked on to High Point University’s campus. I was taken aback by the beauty, culture and the opportunities that surrounded me. I just knew it was the place I would love to call home for the next four years.”

What you’re looking forward to at HPU: “I am ecstatic to be around new people and meet my lifelong friends. I can’t wait to start classes and learn more about my own passions to help better serve my purpose in this world!”