Freshman Profile: Molding Musical Potential

HPU’s newest cohort of students represents a wide variety of academic achievement, service, backgrounds, cultures and geographic locations. Trevor Ackerman, one member of the Class of 2023, brings with him an interest in music and published songs. Below, discover how he plans to make the most out of his time at HPU: 

Name: Trevor Ackerman

Hometown:  Mesa, Arizona

High school attended: Notre Dame Preparatory in Scottsdale, Arizona

Accomplishments: Ackerman is a recipient of the fine arts award for Jazz Drumming, a National Honor Thespian and has recorded and published his own songs. 

Major: Entrepreneurship with a music and media minor

Why you chose HPU: “I chose HPU because I saw how much potential I had if I came here. I knew that if I truly wanted to accomplish my goal of becoming a successful musician, High Point University could help me do it. This university radiates success, and I want to be a part of it. At every stage, people will be there for me to make sure I achieve my goal, and with that type of community, how could I pass up such an amazing university?”

What you’re looking forward to at HPU: “I’m looking forward to getting my college and professional life started, making new friends and helping others reach their dreams along the way!”