HPU Graduates Third Physician Assistant Class

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 22, 2019 – High Point University graduated its third physician assistant class and welcomed them into the professional field on Aug. 18.

“Our patients are in desperate need of highly-educated and highly-empathetic providers to guide them,” said Dr. Linda Sekhon, chair and professor of Physician Assistant Studies. “Our graduates have the knowledge and human interaction skills to be amazing guides in this ever-changing healthcare environment. They are well prepared to save lives and change the world.”

Thirty-four students, who were selected out of more than 1,100 applicants and welcomed as the third class in June 2017, were presented with the Master of Physician Assistant Studies degree.

“The faculty in High Point University’s PA Program have gone above and beyond to help their students launch their careers as physician assistants,” said Nicole Trombetta, a physician assistant graduate and Baltimore, Maryland native. “I am so thankful to have gone to High Point University for both undergraduate and the PA graduate program, and for everything it has done to help me get to this point in my career as a physician assistant.”

The program, housed in HPU’s Congdon School of Health Sciences, now has 105 students total. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, prestigious faculty and newly designed curriculum, the Congdon School of Health Sciences and Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy create a cornerstone for medical innovation at HPU.

“I could not have made a better decision than becoming a member of HPU’s PA Class of 2019,” said Erika Ross, a PA graduate and Mobile, Alabama native. “Having been a resident of the Triad for the past five years, I felt that HPU was the perfect place for me to continue my education and to begin my professional career as a part of this community.”