Internship Profile: Caroline Giles Gains Experience

Name: Caroline Giles

Hometown: Princeton, New Jersey

Major: Human relations with three minors in sales, marketing and leadership

Internship: Giles is interning with Furniture Today as a sales intern in Greensboro, North Carolina, where she is working with the sales team to identify and target marketing opportunities for Furniture Today clients. Creating pitches, proposals, and lasting relationships with clients, she is also continuing the internship into the fall semester. 

How HPU helped you get there: “My major and one of my minors required me to do internships for academic credit, and is one of the many ways HPU promotes the importance of life skills outside of the classroom. It really motivated me to get out there and go after it.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. David Bergen, has been the best mentor I have at HPU. I am able to talk through career options and interview experiences with him, and he is always available whenever I need him for school help or advice of any kind. During my senior research paper, he took the time to reassure me I was on the right track or help me get on the right track if that’s what I need.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “It has been life changing. I have worked one on one with the Group Publisher and everyone in the sales team. I have been given responsibilities and projects that made me go outside my comfort zone to learn and grow in my career. This internship has put everything I learn in Quinn’s sales classes into action.”