Internship Profile: Hannah Gutenstein interns at the Gene Siskel Film Center

Name: Hannah Gutenstein

Hometown: Valparaiso, Indianna

Major: Strategic communication with a minor in marketing

Internship: Gutenstein is working with the Gene Siskel Film Center as a PR and marketing intern in Chicago,. The Gene Siskel Film Center is part of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Her responsibilities as a PR and marketing intern include researching and gathering marketing information, creating weekly emailers, assisting with press check-in at events and more.

How HPU helped you get there: “Learning and perfecting my Adobe program skills such as Photoshop and Indesign taught in my communications classes, has been such a massive help for this internship. It has allowed me to create promotional flyers for upcoming films, designing material to give to advertisers and new graphics for newsletters.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I couldn’t pick only one professor. I am so happy I chose strategic communications as my major because all my communications professors are incredible. I have not had a communication professor I didn’t like, they are all the best.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “I could not ask for a better internship. The people I am around are such wonderful role models, the projects are always about interesting diverse films and I get to work in a wonderful location across from the Chicago Theatre. I’m pictured above at their annual Renaissance Award Gala where Robert Downey Jr. presented Jon Favreau an award for his accomplishments in the film industry, and I was assisting in the VIP room for this event.”