Internship Profile: Julia Del Viscio Joins the New Jersey Jackals

Name: Julia Del Viscio

Hometown: Parsippany, New Jersey

Major: Strategic communication

Internship: Del Viscio interned with the New Jersey Jackals as a sales administrative, where she worked in the management office and assisted in public relations, community outreach and event management for the minor league baseball team. She also managed booking sales and handling customer relations.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University gave me a lot of confidence and experience to pursue career opportunities, even as a freshman. HPU provides a never-ending list of opportunities to network with representatives from top corporations on campus or through various clubs or organizations. Through networking, I developed relationships with mentors who continue to influence me to go after my dreams every day. The Office of Career and Professional Development also always helps me in preparing my professional resume, ensuring it meets quality standards.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My first semester at HPU, Professor Jim Scott was always there to listen to my ideas and genuinely wanted me to succeed. Whether it was creating a video or providing advice and insights into the world of communications, his support helped to confirm strategic communication was the right major for me.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “This internship has been beneficial to my future and has allowed me to advance as a professional since I am gaining insight on the management of a minor league baseball team. I have learned how important communication skills are to succeed in a job.”