Internship Profile: Lisa Quinones Begins her Career with JetBlue

Name: Lisa Quinones

Hometown: West Babylon, New York

Major: Business administration with a minor in human relations

Internship: Quinones has been interning with JetBlue in the corporate social responsibility internship position. As a CSR intern, she has had the opportunity to support all annual events and social initiatives such as Soar with Reading and the OBAP ACE Camps. Quinones has also been given the opportunity to plan and coordinate her own events with some of their partner non-profit organizations.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has given me the confidence in my abilities and skills that allowed me to perform well in my current position. They’ve taught me how to make the most of every opportunity while bringing everything I have to offer to the table. I have been taking advantage of the Office of Career and Professional Development since my sophomore year at HPU. My career advisor, Dr. Doug Hall, has been extremely helpful to me, from polishing my resume, to crafting a cover letter for my internship applications. He is such a huge support throughout the whole internship search process.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Rhonda Butler has been such an impact on my time here at HPU. Although she only became my professor last fall, she has taught me so much about leadership and how to utilize my leadership and other skills to make the most out of my career. She has helped me understand what it is like to be a woman in the industry and how I can continuously improve to be the best version of myself.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship has provided me with an immense amount of knowledge about the corporate social responsibility industry that I could not have gained otherwise. I have learned how to work and communicate with outside business partners and coordinate charitable events.”