Internship Profile: Mikayla Call Confirms Career with Dubrey, Culliton & Steglitz LLC

Name: Mikayla Call

Hometown: Proctorsville, Vermont

Major: Accounting with a minor in Italian

Internship: This summer Call interned with Dubrey, Culliton & Steglitz LLC, and worked to prepare audit checklists and engagement letters for the firm’s audit clients. She gained hands-on experience with different accounting and business consulting departments.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the experience and confidence I needed to go out and get this internship. I’ve used knowledge from my major classes and the basic professional skills they helped me develop to make a strong impact on this firm. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development is to help me prepare my resume to be a quality piece for accounting firms and they helped me discover accounting was the major for me.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor would be Dr. Ross Roberts. The knowledge I gained through his class helped me be a stand out as an intern this summer.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “I have had an amazing experience and I’ve gained knowledge every day that I’ll use in the future. I have learned complex skills from watching those around me at Dubrey, Culliton & Steglitz and the confidence they helped me develop proves I’m capable of being successful in my profession and I am eternally grateful.”