Class of 2019 Outcomes: Paul Sutton Gains Experience with GMR

With another successful commencement behind us, High Point University seniors have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Paul Sutton

Hometown: Horsham, Pennsylvania

Major: Business administration and minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Sutton joins GMR Marketing as an account coordinator where he collaborates with ExxonMobil, NASCAR and the NBA on event activation for the Mobil 1 brand. Sutton executes event activation in key markets across the United States and develops new and innovative ideas to enhance said event activation.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University prepared me with the professional skills to land an interview with a world leader in experiential marketing. With the preparation and knowledge gained at HPU, I was confident and prepared for any interview questions. This put me above other candidates, and ultimately landed me the job. The Office of Career and Professional Development gave me the tools and guidance to create a resume that stood out among the rest. Without their help, I would not have had the knowledge to craft a quality resume or build an impressive LinkedIn profile.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Larry Quinn and Professor Randy Moser were key mentors to me at HPU. Their knowledge and experience gave me key negotiating and interview skills that were extremely helpful throughout the interview process. I can still contact either of them for help when needed which goes above and beyond what a normal professor would do.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment I had at HPU was working with my fellow class officers on the senior giving campaign. Our teamwork and dedication allowed the Class of 2019 to raise a large amount for HPU. It meant so much to work together to give back to a University that has given me so much.”

Advice for underclassmen: “First, utilize all the resources available to you. Go to LinkedIn Photo Day, visit the Office of Career and Professional Development, attend guest speaker appearances and network with HPU alumni. The wealth of opportunities available at HPU are endless. The life skills you acquire, the networks you build and the preparation HPU provides will set you apart from the rest.”