Freshman Profile: Building Businesses and a Future

HPU’s newest cohort of students represents a wide variety of academic achievement, service, backgrounds, cultures and geographic locations. Raphael Genty, one member of the Class of 2023, brings with him many academic accolades and athletic accomplishments. Below, discover how he plans to make the most out of his time at HPU: 

Name: Raphael Genty 

Hometown: Napa, California 

High school attended: New Technology High School in Napa, California.

Accomplishments: Genty is a student entrepreneur who has owned four businesses, was the leader of a club that once a year would travel abroad to the Dominican Republic or Nicaragua to teach English to underprivileged children and was the co-founder of a non-profit called The Hero Foundation, supports veterans and public service professionals. Through the Hero Foundation Genty put on charity concerts, lead marches with over 500 participants, and raised thousands of dollars for various charities. He also was a leadership student, taught second-graders at Philips Elementary School for an internship opportunity, was a 4-H member involved in Las Posadas for three years and staffed the 4-H Las Posadas summer camp for four-five years.

Major: Business administration 

Why you chose HPU: “Many factors confirmed that High Point University was the right school for me. I am someone who is very detail-oriented, which is what sold me on HPU. Aside from the beautiful campus with many housing, food and academic resources, opportunities like the Daily Motivations, the five-star restaurant and learning lab, 1924 Prime and a personal Success Coach, ultimately influenced my decision to attend High Point University all the way from California!”

What you’re looking forward to at HPU: “I am looking forward to many things at High Point University, taking business classes that line up with my major as a freshman, meeting new people from different areas in the country, joining the entrepreneurs club on campus and utilizing the entrepreneurial think tank. I cannot wait to start using High Point University’s amazing gym facilities and play for one of their intramural sports teams!”