Internship Profile: Kaylee Kerr Acts as Media Intern for Newfields

Name: Kaylee Kerr

Hometown: Avon, Indiana

Major: Communications, focusing in electronic media with double minors in graphic design and photography

Internship: Kerr worked as the media intern for Newfields, a 100-acre nature park that houses the Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA), gardens and woodlands. As the media intern, she documented museum exhibitions and galleries within the IMA, the campus grounds, gardens and other special events. Kerr also assisted with content creation for social media platforms, including Instagram and Facebook.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me by offering so many great resources and support from mentors, faculty and staff. The Office of Career and Professional Development is a great resource that was fundamental in helping me obtain the multiple internships I have held. They helped me by giving advice on my resume and cover letters, helping me to find internship opportunities and encouraging me to think big.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Throughout my time at HPU, I have had several impactful mentors, each of them playing a special role in helping me achieve my goals. It is impossible for me to select one because all of my professors and the staff I have worked with have helped me get to where I am today.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has been amazing. I got to be a part of several great organizations and explore different career paths. This latest internship I had at Newfields was especially influential in preparing me for my future because it was in my area of study, and it gave me insight on what I want to pursue as a future career.”