Internship Profile: Konstance Woods Finds a Foundation in Finance

Name: Konstance Woods

Hometown: Fayetteville, North Carolina

Major: Accounting and finance with a minor in data analytics

Internship: Woods worked as a finance intern with Li & Fung Finance Division and was involved in general accounting tasks, account analysis, account reconciliation and new accounting system migrations in data validation. She supported the development and testing of SOP’s regarding internal account processes and any business needs that arose from a global sourcing and distribution company, whose parent company headquarters is in Hong Kong.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provides me with great resume building lessons, mentors and faculty advisors that encourage me to reach for the stars. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me refine and shape my resume and cover letters to perfection.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Oliver Stoutner. He has given me motivation when I needed it.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has been wonderful and I am so excited to continue my journey at Li & Fung during the academic year. This has prepared me for my future by giving me hands-on experience with different accounting programs and learning in the real-world. I really love the people I work with and they have become family to me over this summer.”