Internship Profile: Shannon Vinci Builds Brand Marketing Experience

Name: Shannon Vinci

Hometown: Sewell, New Jersey

Major: Event management

Internship: Vinci acted as the brand marketing intern for Wind Creek Bethlehem Casino in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. In her role, she assisted in rebranding the company.

How HPU helped you get there: “In my two years at HPU, I have learned the skills I need to excel in anything I pursue. The faculty and professors lead me in the direction of success, and the curriculum has given me the knowledge to thrive in my future career. When it comes to the Office of Career and Professional Development, I am especially grateful for my internship advisor, Faith Cochran. Faith helped me immensely throughout the application process and reminded me that no matter what was thrown in my direction, she would be there to help me succeed.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I have come across many professors and mentors that have made my success and happiness a priority. Hilah Cook, my freshman success coach, was beyond helpful and supportive in helping me find a career path. Professor Diana Parrish helped me navigate and understand all that the event management major has to offer. Professor Jennifer Lambert helped me find my passion for event planning by leading the class on the execution of a successful event. Lastly, Dr. Vern Biaett not only encouraged my success in the classroom, but in the real world too. As my academic supervisor during my summer internship, Dr. Biaett always made an effort to congratulate and acknowledge my successes throughout the experience.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Landing this internship was a dream come true. During the four months that I was able to work at the casino, I learned and took part in so many different experiences. From helping to rebrand the company, execute a food and wine festival and learn the ins and outs of brand marketing, I was blessed to experience it all. As I walk away from this internship and head back to school, I will use my experience to advance my knowledge and understanding of event management and marketing. This internship has helped me find my passions and my strengths that will follow me throughout life and my career.”