Internship Profile: Tara Jue Makes a Career with Morgan Stanley

Internship Profile: Tara Jue

Name: Tara Jue

Hometown: Union Beach, New Jersey

Major: Computer science and a minor in graphic design

Internship: Jue joined Morgan Stanley as a technology summer analyst in New York City. She spent time working as a business analyst in wealth management technology, but focused in global banking technology, working with the market risk team. In her role, she was required to think efficiently and worked on improving the functionality of a pre-existing program that allowed users to view the calculated risk of a particular loan based on personal and market data. Jue also analyzed and logged a massive amount of data regarding mortgages. Upon completion of the internship, Jue was offered a full-time position and will be joining Morgan Stanley as an application developer in August 2020. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has given me opportunities I couldn’t have imagined before coming to college. I am vastly more involved on campus than I was in high school, thanks to the close-knit community that is present on campus. Since many people I am surrounded by every day are so driven and motivated, I am inspired to step out of my comfort zone and do the unthinkable. My crazy schedule, which involves being on the dance team, joining and maintaining a position in a sorority, being a part of the WOZ Project, tutoring and mentoring students on campus has fully prepared me to dive into the real world with confidence. I was incredibly nervous when I was first given the opportunity to apply for a small networking event at Morgan Stanley, being that I had no resume and no idea how to present myself in a video interview. With the amazing help of April Cosner, in the Office of Career and Professional Development, I revamped my resume and built a brand for myself on LinkedIn. She was an amazing help for me. Also, in order to prepare for my interview, I set up an appointment with Faith Cochran to receive some helpful feedback and advice before filming myself.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Vanessa Morales, who was once a student at HPU and is now a campus visit coordinator, has been one of my most impactful mentors at HPU. When I was introduced to her as a freshman, she was captain of the dance team, and I was inspired by her amazing leadership skills. In the next few years, we built a powerful relationship, and she’s given me invaluable advice. Whether it’s related to my career or personal life, she is my number one cheerleader and there to guide me down a successful path. I’m so thankful HPU brought me an amazing mentor like her.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship has been amazing so far. It’s not easy jumping into a huge company as a first internship, but I have learned invaluable lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I am growing because I’m surrounded by senior people who know so much about the company, certain fields, topics, etc. The company has allowed me to be a sponge and absorb a substantial amount of new, important and emerging information. This real-world experience has given me a new perspective on how life is post-college and how important it is to make strong connections and voice your opinion.”