Internship Profile: Spencer Day Supports Cybersecurity at La-Z-Boy

Name: Spencer Day

Hometown: West Chester, Ohio

Major: Criminal justice and computer science

Internship: Day spent the summer with La-Z-Boy as the cybersecurity intern on the IT/cybersecurity team in their corporate office. He monitored and investigated cyber incidents for La-Z-Boy worldwide, developed a “Privileged Acceptable Use Policy” that outlined appropriate computer use by those who have been granted elevated or privileged access, and then presented to the executive team for review and future implementation. 

How HPU helped you get there: “My HPU courses have provided me with important industry knowledge that allowed me to walk into the internship well-educated in cybersecurity so that I could hit the ground running from day one. The Office of Career and Professional Development was a valuable tool I used to create a well-written resume that provided recruiters with targeted information.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship at La-Z-Boy has made such an impact on my future. Not only did it confirm that this was a field in which I wanted to build a career, but it also proved that I have the knowledge and understanding to really make an impact in the cybersecurity field.”