Class of 2020 Outcomes: Jenna Brady Graduates to Gartner

With Commencement just around the corner, future High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Jenna Brady

Hometown: Vienna, Virginia

Major: Human relations with minors in marketing and leadership

Post-graduation plans: Brady joins Gartner as an associate campus recruiter in Fort Myers, Florida. She will be working in partnership with universities and will hold responsibility in sourcing and assessing talent for the organization. Brady will develop relationships with university leaders and professors to assist in overall insight and activities at each institution while attending events to assist in branding and enhancing awareness of Gartner.

How HPU helped you get there: “The inspiring environment that is displayed at HPU has motivated me to exceed the goals I placed for myself, and go out of my comfort zone. Before attending this university, I thought my goals were unrealistic and unattainable. Yet, with the assistance of like-minded peers and professors, I found the determination to reach success. High Point University has countless connections with admirable companies, giving students meaningful networking opportunities and professional experience starting at a young age. The second semester of junior year, I used the Office of Career and Professional Development to polish my resume and cover letter to apply for multiple internships. Everyone in their office had attention to detail and assisted me in formating my documents to be as perfect as possible. The help and insight I gained from their office led me to apply with confidence, taking each application as an experience to add to my skill set and widen my horizons. With the help of the Office of Career and Professional Development, I applied for Gartner’s first-ever Talent Acquisition Intern position on PurpleBriefcase. After weeks of interviewing and anxiously waiting, I landed the role in Gartner’s Fort Myers office. This summer internship soon became an experience of a lifetime as I made long-lasting personal and professional connections, while directly contributing to a Fortune 500 company. My hard work and determination this summer led me to land a full-time job with Gartner post-graduation.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Julie Hill has been my go-to person at High Point University from the beginning of my junior year. Her dedication and genuine compassion to human relations and nonprofit majors at HPU is like none other. She guides students through real-life tasks, teaches us how to conduct ourselves in business situations, through multiple modes of communication. Julie truly sets us up for success and is everyone’s biggest cheerleader.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Working for the Campus Concierge team has given me a priceless skill set that I have utilized greatly in the past three years. Having exposure to the customer service industry and being one of the main points of contact for visitor experiences at the university has molded me into a young professional. It is a student employment opportunity of a lifetime, and I would not trade this experience for anything. I have thoroughly enjoyed assisting my peers, faculty, staff and visitors at HPU.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of everything on campus. The experiences and facilities at HPU are like no other, so embrace it while you can and leave with no regrets. Take advantage of attending a university where your professors will know you by name and face, and always have your back. Making these meaningful connections will shape you into a successful student, giving you the upper hand to be successful once you leave the gates of HPU. Also, learn from your peers. Everyone that attends High Point University is hungry to be successful and exceed their goals, so thrive off of the determined energy of those around you.”