Class of 2020 Outcomes: Emiliano Martinez-Don Moves on to Merrill Lynch

With Commencement just around the corner, future High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Emiliano Martinez-Don

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Major: International business with a concentration in French business; minors in economics and French

Post-graduation plans: Martinez-Don will join Merrill Lynch as an associate financial advisor in New York City following graduation. He will be participating in a 12-month training program focused on private executive services, and throughout the program, he will work with and receive mentorship from experienced Merrill Lynch financial advisors to become a fully licensed advisor at Merrill Lynch.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get to where I am now by providing me with professors and friends who believe in me and who support every decision I make. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development during my application process when needed to have my resume or cover letter reviewed.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Dr. Benoit Leclercq. Dr. Leclercq has been one of the most supportive professors I’ve had during my college experience. He challenges me to provide the best possible results when faced with challenging coursework. Dr. Leclercq is an excellent professor and has pushed me to perform better as a student.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when I heard Presiden Nido Qubein speak in his freshmen Seminar on Life Skills about the rule of thirds. To allocate your time in three sections — one third in serving, one third in learning and one third in earning. After that moment, I have always tried to prioritize my time for the things most important to me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice to underclassmen is to use every resource that is given to you. Apply yourself to your studies, and if you work your hardest you can build an impressive resume that will attract multiple prestigious recruiters.”