Class of 2020 Outcomes: Ally Rowe Earns a Position at Ernst & Young

With Commencement just around the corner, future High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Ally Rowe

Hometown: Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Major: Accounting with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Rowe joins Ernst & Young as an assurance staff accountant in Baltimore, Maryland. She will work on multiple engagement teams that perform audits throughout the year.

How HPU helped you get there: “Originally I did not want to apply for any big four internships because I feared rejection. I did not believe in myself or my ability to secure this position. I am very lucky the Accounting Department at HPU believed in me and referred my name to Ernst & Young. With their help, I went into the interview process more confident in myself than before and was offered the position as an intern last summer. This year, I was offered a position as a full-time employee upon graduation. I cannot thank HPU enough for taking the time to get to know me and believe in me.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors at High Point University were Professor Davis and Professor Noxon. Both of these professors teach material that is very difficult in nature, but make sure to assist their students outside of the classroom in any way they can. I recall one specific moment during the first semester of my senior year where I doubted my ability to master a lesson in Professor Noxon’s class. I was reviewing the material with him during office hours and he assured me we would make sure I mastered it. Professor Noxon wanted me to succeed as much as I did. With Professor Noxon’s help and review, I was able to learn the topic that once seemed like a foreign language. It’s truly those small moments that make HPU such a special place.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was returning for my senior year and telling my accounting professors that I had accepted my full-time offer and seeing how excited they were for me. They love seeing all of their accounting students succeed.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen is to not fear discomfort. Putting yourself in uncomfortable situations is where you grow. Sign up for that club, talk to the person you don’t know walking on campus, take the class that interests you but is not required for your major. All of these little moments add up and will put you right where you are meant to be.”