Class of 2020 Outcomes: Emily Segalla Sells Medical Materials at Cardinal Health

With another successful Commencement behind us, future High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Emily Segalla

Hometown: Sterling, Massachusetts 

Major: Business administration with minors in marketing and sales

Post-graduation plans: Segalla joins Cardinal Health as a medical inside sales representative following graduation. She will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals, developing relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end-users to sell a variety of products in the long-term care market. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU truly cares about everyone’s success, no matter what path is chosen. The university constantly brings in phenomenal industry-leading guest speakers and offers webinars, and informational sessions every Friday to teach students how to prepare for post-grad life. I have attended multiple sessions and I thought they were very useful. HPU offers multiple career fairs throughout the year, and through those, I was able to network with companies and have in-person interviews on campus. I was fortunate enough to have landed my internship last summer through a career fair that HPU hosted. Through these experiences, I was able to prepare for any type of interview thrown my way. Also, I found Dr. Nido Qubein’s Daily Motivation emails and videos to be inspiring and uplifting, which gave me that extra reminder to never give up and to reach for your dreams. Throughout my time at HPU, the Office of Career and Professional Development has been extremely helpful. I was able to make an appointment at any time to get an extra look at my resume, perfect my LinkedIn, and have a few mock interviews so I felt confident when applying to jobs and internships. The Office of Career and Professional Development also has taught me how to successfully network and build as many connections as possible, so that I was able to get my name out in the professional world.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “While there are a countless number of individuals who have been a huge part of my experience at HPU, both Professor Mark Michael and Professor Larry Quinn in the Sales Department have been extremely impactful. They have invested so much time to help me build my academic and professional development. Without hesitation, I knew that at any moment in time I could walk into their office to get advice. They both truly care about my success and push me to think outside of the box and reminded me to stay confident. Professors Michael and Quinn always remembered where I was in my career search and they constantly followed up with me to see if I needed any help, no matter how busy they were.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “It is impossible to pick just one impactful moment at HPU. What I can say is that I am so thankful to have built meaningful life-long relationships that have changed my life. It is the people at this university that makes it so special.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen is to follow your dreams. Anything is possible as long as you stay motivated and put in as much effort as you can. It is crucial to get involved at HPU as the opportunities are endless. Talk to your professors after class to get to know them, get involved in clubs and activities, go to as many career fairs, events and guest speakers as possible, get an on-campus job. By doing these things, you are only building your knowledge. Take advantage of every opportunity you can! I also think creating a solid LinkedIn digital presence is extremely important to help you stand out. Make those connections and personally reach out to companies that you may be interested in working for. This can go a long way!”