Class of 2020 Outcomes: Johanna Moore Studies U.S. Foreign Policy and National Security

With another successful Commencement behind us, future High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Johanna Moore

Hometown: Santa Ana, California

Major: Political science and international relations

Post-graduation plans: Moore will be attending American University in Washington, D.C. to study United States Foreign Policy and National Security. 

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University’s professors are what truly sets the university apart from any other. The professors I have worked with challenge students academically but also teach us the technical and interpersonal skills that are needed for life after HPU. These professors go out of their way to be a mentor and advisor outside of the classroom to help guide you down the path to achieving your goal. They are what make this university extraordinary.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “It is hard to narrow down the list of mentors to one, but Dr. Simpson in the History Department has been one of my closest advisors. He and I have worked together in class, in collaborative research and in independent Hebrew meetings. Dr. Simpson has been a fantastic resource to help me begin navigating my future career field. I am so thankful to have had such a supportive and encouraging mentor for the past four years.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment for me at HPU was presenting my senior thesis to the Political Science Department. It was the first time I had a large scale formal presentation on a topic related to my future career and using relevant technical skills. The project and presentation pushed me outside of my comfort zone and ultimately made me a more capable student and individual.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity. Push yourself outside of your comfort zone and try new and challenging things. You’ll find that you are more capable than you originally thought.”