Class of 2020 Outcomes: Johnele Riles Begins Her Design Career at Baglivo Associates

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Johnele Riles

Hometown: Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Major: Interior design with a minor in studio art

Post-graduation plans: Riles joins Baglivo Associates as an interior designer in East Norriton, Pennsylvania. She will be working in the design and architecture firm offering a full-range of architectural and interior design services for a variety of building types, from conceptual planning to project completion. Riles will use her specialized knowledge, acquired from HPU, to plan and design interior spaces that promote health, safety and welfare while supporting and enhancing the human experience in interior built environments.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped prepare me for anything that comes my way in life. I was able to begin my journey into the real world with my head held high and an abundance of confidence. I will forever be grateful for HPU and the professors who helped shape me into the person I am today. They gave me the knowledge and skills needed to excel in this amazing profession. As a freshman, I had a vast list of interests and paths that I was excited to explore and the Office of Career and Professional Development was a great resource to help me narrow down and pinpoint my passion for interior design and the built environment.” 

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Through my time at HPU, I consider all of my professors to be mentors and value each of them highly. The interior design professors have helped me strive academically and professionally in this amazing industry. Every professor that I have had during my time at HPU holds a special place in my heart and I appreciate them more than they will ever know.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One impactful moment that stands out the most was participating in an independent study with two of my professors working on interior product design and development to be presented at High-PURCS.”

Advice for underclassmen: “I’ll leave my favorite quote for advice to underclassmen, ‘A mind that is stretched by new experiences may never go back to its old dimensions.'”