Class of 2020 Outcomes: Max Gregory Practices Accounting at PricewaterhouseCoopers

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Max Gregory

Hometown: Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Major: Accounting with a minor in finance

Post-graduation plans: Gregory joins PricewaterhouseCoopers as a tax associate following graduation at their Philadelphia Office. He will assist the firm in the preparation of their tax returns, and any other required documentation. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has taught me the importance of using the resources you have available to you. My advisor, Mr. Noxon, convinced me to change my major during my freshman year to accounting. Since then, he has worked to help me in any way, from help with homework, to interview preparation, and always being there just to talk things out. I have also worked with my success coach, Pam, throughout my four years. She has been a great resource, and I am lucky to have her. A few years ago, I met April Cosner in the Office of Career and Professional Development with no resume, and a very weak LinkedIn profile. Over multiple weeks, she helped me think more intently about what was most important for future employers to know about on my resume, cover letters and LinkedIn. We updated these items many times when I had new experience to add.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Mr. Noxon. There were many times when I was in his office multiple times a day to nail a concept or with questions about homework, and he was always able to make time for me, in addition to him being the department chair and all of his other responsibilities. He also helped me get the internships I had and ultimately helped me establish a full-time job offer before graduation.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was our first morning after move-in, where we had the big ceremony outside on the lawn. It was a great welcoming to HPU, and the demonstration with the eagle was very cool!”

Advice for underclassmen: “Continue to work with your advisor, success coach and other resources across campus, as they all want you to succeed. Try and seek out someone within the school your major is in to see if you can narrow your focus earlier in your college career.”