Class of 2020 Outcomes: Tucker Wilson Graduates to George Washington University

With another successful Commencement behind us, future High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Tucker Wilson

Hometown: Pembroke, Massachusetts 

Major: Political science and international relations

Post-graduation plans: Wilson will be attending George Washington University to pursue a master’s degree in legislative affairs.

How HPU helped you get there: “The professors, staff members, students, and everyone who steps foot on campus are there to help one another rise up and become the best they can possibly be. HPU gave me the skills, the confidence and the know-how to get to where I am today, and I am so excited to make HPU proud. The Office of Career and Professional Development offered me countless programs and opportunities to better myself as a professional and made sure I was putting my best foot forward on the way to my future career. High Point University’s environment is one of great grandeur and it can be daunting to some, however spending four years on a campus like ours acclimates us to a professional environment without us even knowing it at the time. With job fairs, student government association, countless opportunities for HPU student employment, and even with 1924 Prime; these opportunities helped prepare me for the professional world.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “During my time in High Point University, I was lucky to have many mentors that helped to get me where I am today. Multiple professors, my coworkers in the office of student life, and those involved in the student government association all contributed to my success at HPU and beyond. From my freshman year, Dr. Kifer from the Political Science Department helped to guide me in the right direction. Whether I was sitting in his classes, going to office hours, or meeting with him, he always inspired me to be the best I can possibly be, and I cannot thank him enough for that.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “For the last two years I have had the honor and the privilege to sit on HPU‘s Student Government Association Executive Council as the service chair. I will forever be grateful for this opportunity and for the impact that I have made in the city of High Point. One of my fondest memories in this role was my Stuff a Stocking campaign, which has now become an annual tradition at HPU. Working with the Salvation Army on this service event that helps families in need during the holidays was truly an honor.”

Advice for underclassmen: “To the underclassmen at High Point University, just know that these next four years fly by faster than you could ever imagine and that it is your responsibility to make the most of it. Go out and make a positive change wherever you can. High Point University helps to give you the tools to do so but you need to be the one to put it into action. We are all capable of greatness, you just have to have the motivation and drive to follow through with it.”