Class of 2020 Outcomes: Alex Angle Steps into Role at USPS

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Alex Angle

Hometown: Mercersburg, Pennsylvania 

Major: Business administration with a marketing minor

Post-graduation plans: Angle joins the United States Postal Service in Washington, D.C., as a human resources trainee. He will be learning and developing a broader understanding of USPS functions, internal policies and procedures in different functional areas; working to understand processes, procedures, and methods used at the corporate level to develop core professional competencies and develop a deeper understanding of the USPS Headquarter’s responsibilities and objectives; and supporting cross-functional teams and projects to improve the USPS. The corporate trainee program allows for advancement in Six Sigma, and other certification and training programs.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me to get to where I am now by pushing me to be the best version of myself. HPU’s business courses have taught me real-life lessons, and have allowed me to find ways to better myself at every opportunity. With my professors acting as mentors it was easy to feel supported and succeed by using their advice. The Office of Career and Professional Development advanced my resume on multiple occasions.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Professor Silverthorne. Professor Silverthorne has always been available to give me advice and advance my academic and professional career. I took two of his courses, including Operations and Supply Chain Management and Social Media Marketing.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was meeting the love of my life, Julia Daniele. We met during our very first Peer Mentor Group meeting our freshman year, and ever since, she has supported me and boosted me up through my academic career at HPU.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Underclassmen can be successful by taking advantage of internships, trainee programs, and networking along the way. Take opportunities that present themselves, and when opportunities don’t seem to come, take a job that you would have never thought of.”