Class of 2020 Outcomes: Chloe Hasden Coordinates for the MOMentum Network

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Chloe Hasden

Hometown: Chattanooga, Tennessee 

Major: Nonprofit leadership and management with minors in event management and human relations

Post-graduation plans: Hasden joins the MOMentum Network as an operations coordinator following graduation. She is the face of all administrative duties and volunteer management. Additionally, she will be creating new campaigns to promote growth in the organization and doing research on donor retention. As needed, Hasden will assist with program and event management.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me dissect my passions and find my purpose through them. I was given opportunities to dig further into my interests, and I was met with full support and guidance during those times. The research and networking opportunities that were available to me are unmatched, and with each that I took advantage of, I learned something significant. The faculty and staff at High Point University truly operate with love, care and purpose, and it fueled me to want to do my best. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me develop the perfect working resume! The guides and resources on their site also helped me prep for interviews and craft a thorough cover letter.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was my major advisor, Dr. Pamela Palmer. Dr. Palmer is full of knowledge and experience that helped me make informed and important decisions about my coursework, scheduling and internship opportunities. Her love for her work and her students was evident in everything she did, and her belief in me and my abilities helped propel me forward. I am extremely honored to have been taught by her.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “There are so many instances that I remember from HPU that positively influenced my life. Personally, I think the most impactful moment for me was feeling the love and support each person on campus gave to me and my family as we informed them about life-changing circumstances in our family. I will never forget the care that was offered to us and the resources they provided. HPU is truly a family.”

Advice for underclassmen: “One of the most important things to help you be successful is to take advantage of all the networking and experiential opportunities that HPU provides. If your schedule allows – attend the performances and sports games, go listen to the speakers, attend the conferences, and introduce yourself at all the networking opportunities. All of these benefits shape you and offer information and experience that will be helpful in the future when advocating for yourself and your career.”