Class of 2020 Outcomes: Ella Lloyd Gives Her All to GlassArt Designs

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Ella Lloyd

Hometown: Minnetonka, Minnesota

Major: Interior design

Post-graduation plans: Lloyd will support the project management and sales teams at GlassArt Design. She will collaborate on projects, complete purchase orders and work directly with clients to help in choosing designs and color schemes. Lloyd will also partner with the social media and marketing team to develop ideas to increase company following and give prospective clients a behind the scenes look at the design process. 

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University gave me the tools to make my future dreams a reality! HPU, along with my amazing professors, taught me to believe in myself and to be proactive. I took full advantage of the Office of Career and Professional Development’s knowledge base and feedback my professors offered. I wasn’t afraid to ask questions, even though they were endless, and I came to realize it was better to ask them all and know for certain, than it was to keep them to myself. ”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I have encountered a handful of impactful mentors at HPU. Hilah Cook, who was my student success coach; Dr. Nichols, who helped me find my voice as a designer in difficult situations and had my back like no one ever had; and Mr. Jones, who taught me how to use computer programs for interior design.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at High Point University was during the second semester of my senior year. I discovered my voice as a designer and learned to stand my ground when it came to my work. In this field, it’s imperative that you believe in yourself as well as your designs because, at the end of the day, we all have different visions, so there is no ‘right way’ to do any design. You’re creating an experience for someone and there isn’t only one way to execute it.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Be a force to be reckoned with! Everyone has something that makes them special and that sets them apart from others. The sooner you discover what your selling point is, the sooner you become irreplaceable to someone trying to fill a position.”