Class of 2020 Outcomes: Jonathan Martinuzzi Builds Business Experience in Dallas

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Jonathan Martinuzzi

Hometown: Grosse Pointe, Michigan

Major: Sales and a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: Martinuzzi joins Next Door Photos as a local owner and lead photographer in northern Dallas where he will build relationships with real estate agents and brokers, and provide them with quick, next-day delivery photoshoots.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University is a premier developer of the life skills that I need to be successful. They gave me the confidence and tenacity to seek opportunities that most college graduate students would generally shy away from, including starting my own business.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Jim Smith, a High Point native who was involved with some of the on-campus ministries, was extremely impactful to my personal growth, specifically with helping to set and achieve goals. Every year, Jim would push me to provide a yearly calendar with goals for the entire year. Some of these goals included academic success, personal fitness, spiritual growth and bettering myself as an individual every day. He would not help me set them, but would also encourage me weekly to accomplish those very goals I set for myself. Dr. Robert Moses was extremely impactful and it is evident he cares about the growth of his students. His feedback on essays and presentations were always extensive, and he pushed his students to really understand the things we discussed in class. I am extremely thankful for both of them.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Alpha Kappa Psi and Young Life college were a key component of many of the relationships that I built in college. Finding friends that are striving for the same exact goals that I was allowed me to flourish as we were able to push each other up and hold each other accountable. Specifically, Alpha Kappa Psi emphasized the importance of being proactive with our objective out of college of finding a great job and making great connections. As for Young Life College, having the blessing of serving and leading within a ministry gave me an idea of what leadership in the future would look like, and provided me with life long friends that care deeply for me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen would be to take advantage of all of the opportunities that HPU has to offer. Connect with your professors and don’t be afraid to ask them for help, whether its a question about classwork or if you need help figuring out what you want to do after graduation, they are such great resources! Also, take advantage of any opportunities to be a research assistant, to pitch your business idea at any of the various business competitions or present your research at high-PURCS, all of these things will give you a great experience that you will be able to use throughout your life. Finally, don’t forget to stop and take it all in every once in a while. Your time at HPU is going to fly by, don’t forget to enjoy it!”