Class of 2020 Outcomes: Julia Daniele Continues to Clinical Counseling Program

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Julia Daniele

Hometown: Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Major: Psychology with a minor in educational studies

Post-graduation plans: Daniele will be attending Loyola University in Baltimore, Maryland to pursue a Clinical Professional Counseling program.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has allowed me the opportunity to come out of my shell, take on new challenges, and create an environment where I can support others. 1924 Prime, HPU’s fine dining learning lab, helped me to learn how to be mindful while eating and prepared me for dining interviews that I have conducted as part of the application process for graduate school.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “There are a few people I would like to highlight here; Sarah Ross, assistant professor of psychology; Jana Spain, professor of psychology; and Quintin Tucker, area coordinator in the Office of Student Affairs. HPU has wonderful faculty who truly care and are engaged in your academic and professional journey. Dr. Jana Spain and Dr. Sarah Ross were two professors who mentored me through the psychology program and were always willing to take the extra time to meet with me outside of class. They have shaped my interests and opened my mind to the many different opportunities psychology offers. I am beyond grateful to have learned from them throughout my years at High Point University. Professionally, I served as an assistant resident director on campus, and this position allowed me to gain hands-on experience. Quintin Tucker was my mentor through this experience and pushed me to expand my leadership skills through different opportunities. As a result, I am confident in my professional skills and ability to take on my career goals.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The entirety of my sophomore year at HPU was the most impactful because it was the year where I developed and changed the most to become the person I am today. Another impactful moment was taking on the assistant resident director position, which opened so many more opportunities for me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity and have faith in your own abilities.”