Class of 2020 Outcomes: Morgan Carafa Coordinates for the High Tide Music and Arts Festival

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Morgan Carafa

Hometown: Wilmot, New Hampshire

Major: Media production and entrepreneurship

Post-graduation plans: Carafa joins High Tide Music and Arts Festival as a marketing manager and special events coordinator in Wilmington, North Carolina. She will be planning all special events for the festival and overseeing marketing for all talent and the festival campaign. She will simultaneously be finishing her Master’s of Strategic Communication at High Point University.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU offers a professional setting that allowed me to quickly learn what I was passionate about. HPU pushed me to challenge myself in a way that I honestly don’t think any other school could. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development to seek out jobs and internships any chance I could.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Vern Biaett always cheered me on to follow what I once believed were my wildest dreams. Being able to talk with a professor, who is experienced and passionate about the things you strive to do in life, is an amazing feeling.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “While at HPU, I created a marketing campaign with Monster Energy to win a music festival for our area. I partnered with 16 surrounding universities, created a team of students, and we quickly became a family of music-loving people. That was the moment I knew this was my calling in life and that I could really do it.”

Advice for underclassmen: “If something sounds so great you can’t imagine it really happening, then be the person to make it happen. More than likely, there are other people that feel the same way and those are the people that share your passions, will be your best friends, and may even become your colleagues one day.”