Class of 2020 Outcomes: Morgan Dunham Pursues Juris Doctorate

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Morgan Dunham

Hometown: Holliston, Massachusetts 

Major: History with a minor in psychology

Post-graduation plans: Dunham will be attending the University of Massachusetts School of Law pursuing a Juris Doctorate degree.

How HPU helped you get there: “The history department was one of my biggest supporters as I worked to figure out what I wanted to do with my degree. The Office of Career and Professional Development was extremely helpful when I was completing my law school applications.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Joey Fink was my biggest mentor and really helped to shape my time at HPU. She helped me a lot with both my personal and professional goals and acted as my biggest advocate. She pushed me to get my work published and was my biggest motivation to present at the State of North Carolina Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium (SNCURCS).”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was probably presenting at SNCURCS.  I had this idea that only science kids really present at conferences but I ended up having a good-sized crowd qt my presentation on genocide and it really opened my eyes to the impact the humanities can have on people.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Seize every opportunity you can even if you don’t feel like you are qualified. The worst thing that can happen is that you don’t get it.”