Internship Profile: Joshua Noel Specializes in Sports Communication

Name: Joshua Noel

Hometown: Easton, Pennsylvania

Major: Sport media

Internship: Noel is spending the summer interning with The Patriot League, a collegiate athletic conference comprised of private institutions of higher education and two United States service academies based in the Northeastern United States. His internship will allow him to see how athletic communications is organized at the athletic conference level. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU taught me the power of networking. When I found out the conference’s headquarters were right in my backyard, I was nervous to reach out to them. However, I remembered that who you know is just as important as what you know and that inspired me to send an e-mail. I visited the Office of Career and Professional Development to boost my resume and condense all my information onto one page. I also met with Dr. Hall for advice on how to apply for internships and what to look for in my search.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “Professor Scott in the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication was my most impactful mentor at HPU. From the minute I met him, he warmly embraced me and encouraged me that I could do anything I set my mind to.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “In the first few weeks, I’ve learned a lot about day-to-day operations and long-term initiatives, such as creating an online database. This internship is allowing me to put my major into practice and provides invaluable experience.”