Internship Profile: Abigail Meeks Finds a Bright Future with Colgate-Palmolive

Name: Abigail Meeks

Hometown: Canton, Ohio

Major: Double majoring in business administration and marketing with minors in sales and economics

Internship: Meeks joins Colgate-Palmolive as a global marketing and innovation development, wellness intern where she works cross-functionally amongst different departments to facilitate success within her projects. Although Meeks is working in a virtual space, she has built relationships and an eagerness to learn. This is the first year that Meeks’ department has selected an undergraduate student. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me understand the importance of networking, leveraging your LinkedIn profile and having a strong resume with credible experiences. Colgate-Palmolive recruiters found me on LinkedIn, which goes to show that recruiters are always looking. Not to mention, I was competing with Ivy League scholars and graduate students for this position. I utilized the Office of Career and Professional Development during my freshman year. They gave me the groundwork to thrive throughout my career at HPU and within numerous internship positions.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “It’s hard to put into words the impact Professor Randy Moser has made on my academic career at High Point University. His lectures were always engaging and fun, and I found myself looking forward to every morning spent in the classroom with him. To this day, I look through the notes taken during his course and referencing those lessons in my everyday life.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Thriving in such a unique environment, I have had so many wonderful experiences networking with individuals across the entire Colgate community. From simple coffee chats, I have learned the importance of trust in the mission of your company, this will help you become more aligned with your company’s goals and how to achieve them. Every day, I am challenged to take risks and encouraged to seek new opportunities and use my voice to bring value to everything that we do. I can’t help but smile when I think of the bright future that lies ahead for my team members, myself, and for Colgate-Palmolive and its many global users!”